Removing roots with hands can be quite difficult for this root removing process. Shovel is perfect for creating holes to prepare your soil for planting or removing if you are working with clay or hard-packed soil. With shovel you can do it easily and quickly removing the stubborn roots.
Best Shovels for Digging up Roots for 2021
- Radius Garden 22011 Root Slayer Shovel, (Red)
- ROOT ASSASSIN RA-002 Carbon Steel Shovel, 32-Inch, Red
- Radius Garden 22311 Root Slayer Nomad, Root Slayer Nomad, Red
- Radius Garden 22611 Root Slayer Edger, Root Slayer Edger, Red
1. Radius Garden 22011 Root Slayer Shovel, (Red)
If you are looking for a strong and sturdy shovel that can easily remove roots then this is a must have shovel. The O-Shaped handle is made from Resin-Encased Carbon Steel and the blade is made up of Carbon steel which makes it very tough. The V-shaped tip makes it easy enough to remove hard dirt, roots, digging up plants and grasses. Also this a 3-in-1 tool that means it is a shovel, root hatchet, and root saw all in one. It’s a little bit heavier then other shovels around 5.5 lbs or 2.49 kg.
- Blade made up of powder-coated carbon steel.
- Handle Material Resin-Encased Carbon Steel.
- Sharpened Inverted-V edge design.
- Wide Foot Placement Spot.
- Blade Size 13 x 10.5 in.
- Overall Length 44 in.
- Handle Length 31 in.
- Weight 5.5 lbs
2. Radius Garden 22311 Root Slayer Nomad, Root Slayer Nomad, Red
This Shovel from Radius Garden Root Slayer Nomad is a great heavy-duty, yet small shovel for digging and removing roots easily. The Inverted V-shaped cutting tip with specially designed teeth blade is made from powder-coated carbon steel which makes it very strong.The handle shaft is made up of of resin-encased carbon steel, and non-latex grips. Due carbon steel shaft this shovel is durable enough to withstand high pressure even when digging through hard-packed soil. Also this shovel can be used to remove roots of Baby’s Breath, Spotted Knapweed, Ash seedlings, Dandelions, and other tough weeds Also The Root Slayer carbon steel shovel Nomad comes with a lifetime manufacturer product promise in the continental US.
- Inverted V-shaped cutting tip with specially designed teeth
- Handle Style Straight
- Handle Length 31 in.
- Handle Material Carbon Steel
- Blade Size 9 inch long 7.5 inch wide.
- Overall Length 40 in.
- Weight 2.5 lbs
- Blade Material Carbon Steel
3. ROOT ASSASSIN RA-002 Carbon Steel Shovel, 32-Inch, Red
This shovel from Root Assassin is also a great addition in our list. This is also a durable multi-purpose gardening tool. The blade is made from carbon steel is 11 inches in width and has a curved tip and the whole shovel weights around 2 lbs or 0.90 kg should be enough for normal use.The D-Shaped handle is also comfortable for gripping and the metal handle is rubber coated. The manufacturer also claims life time warranty but be sure to contact them before purchasing. This shovel is less in price as compared to Radius Garden 22011 Root Slayer Shovel. Also there is a bigger version that is 48 inch in length if you need that be sure to check that model as well.
- Carbon steel blade material
- Length of the shovel: 32 inches
- The tip end of blade is rounded
- Not suitable for metal detecting
- Weight: 2 lbs or 0.90 kg
- D shaped handle grip with rubber coating
4. Radius Garden 22611 Root Slayer Edger, Root Slayer Edger, Red
This is another great product from Radius Garden. The Radius Garden 22611 Root Slayer Edger has a design of Half-moon lawn edger with an inverted V-shaped cutting tip that helps you easily remove weeds, roots or you can easily use it as edger. The inverted V-shaped tip of this edge shovel can easily cut through roots and other obstacles in the soil without slipping. With regular curved shovel, you can push away the roots but the inverted V does not push roots away and they can be cut at a greater rate. The blade is made up of powder-coated carbon steel and a resin-encased carbon steel shaft with non-latex grips at the top O-Shaped handle. Ideal for irregular edges and finishing touches in your garden.
- Item Weight: 4.8 pounds or 2.17 kg
- Length of Blade: 6 Inch
- Width of Blade: 1 inch at top of step
- Total Length = 39 inches
- Tempered Mid-Carbon Steel blade
- Polypropylene encased carbon steel shaft
- Thermoplastic Elastomer grip.